Natural Wonders of Iceland (Preview 2020)
Natural Wonders Of Iceland (Preview 2020)
Experience a world of natural phenomena: gushing waterfalls, volcanoes and stunning landscapes at every turn. The overwhelming beauty of this country will ensure you will want to return again and again.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once in a lifetime experience, at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2000 meters within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With newfound friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners (D) and 1 Dinner with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Iceland Hotels: In Iceland, Insight Vacations stays at the best available properties. Hotels are typical of the region and much simpler in style with clean rooms and private facilities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Höfn: Your Travel Director takes you on a short orientation through this seaside village.
- Gullfoss: The spectacular two-tiered waterfall, the Icelandic equivalent of Niagara falls, drops a total of 32 metres, while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Skalholt: See the historic church.
- Skaftafell: Visit the amazing alpine setting of the National Park and experience the might of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier.
- Lake Jökulsárlón: See the setting for the James Bond film ‘Die Another Day’.
- Egilsstaðir: Visit this lakeside town.
- Dettifoss: Visit the most powerful waterfall in Europe and see the Godafoss, known as The Waterfall of the Gods.
- Lake Mývatn: Traverse spectacular landscapes of craters, boiling mud pots and geothermal hot springs shooting jets of hot water and steam into the air, at this renowned bird-watching site.
- Akureyi: Your Travel Director will provide an orientation of the capital of northern Iceland, established in 1602.
- Snæfellsjökull National Park: Enjoy a fascinating exploration of this magnificent park, home to lava formations, waterfalls and the most famous volcano in Iceland.
- Búðir: Admire the sandy hill, black lava fields and the yellow beach.
- Arnarstapi: Walk the sea-cliff and admire the rock formations.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site in the country, as the meeting place of the Althing, the world’s oldest parliament that was founded in A.D. 930.
- Reykjavík: Explore the capital during your orientation. See the Old Harbour, the National Museum, the Domkirk church and Höfði House. Pass Althingishusid, Reykjavik’s House of Parliament, and continue to the Hallgrímskirkja Church which can be seen from almost anywhere in the city.
- Scenic Drives: Witness spectacular scenery, like no where else in the world, as you travel along the South and East coasts, through the Scenic mountain pass of Almannaskard and the Mödrudal Desert, past Hvammstang, along the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and into the Snæfellsjökull National Park.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
The Smoky Bay of Reykjavík.
Hot Springs and Waterfalls to Vík.
By Glaciers and Icebergs to Höfn.
Eastern Fjords to Egilsstaðir.
By Desert, Lakes and Divine Waterfalls to Akureyri.
From the Capital of the North to Borgarnes.
Exploring Snæfellsjökull National Park.
Thingvellir, Blue Lagoon and on to Reykjavík.